CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

52 new recipes in 1 year!

Back on January 1st I blogged my goals for the year.  One of my goals is to try 52 new recipes.  I'm quite behind!  However I'm still going to accomplish this!  I might be trying 20 new recipes come December but I WILL do it!

Here's what I have tried so far!

1.  homemade sausage from ground pork!  I can't find the link for the recipe that I used, but I definitely would recommend trying to make your own sausage if you never have.  I will cut down the salt drastically next time, but other than that, it was DELICIOUS!!!!  I see ground pork on sale all the time, but I don't typically buy it, I will be now!

2.  Chicken pot pie.  I've made chicken pot pie before, but this was a new recipe.  It was pretty good, not a typical chicken pot pie taste, but still good!

3.  Twice baked potatoes  These were phenomenal!!!!  Seriously!  Restaurant quality!  I definitely impressed my hubby with these!

4. Sour cream noodle bake  Delicious!!  Anytime I have made hamburger helper my kids devour it.  I mean seriously.  I have to stop them from licking their plates clean.  I'm not kidding.  In an effort to reduce to amount of packaged foods I use I went looking for a recipe that would please their hamburger helper desires.  This did it!  And it tasted great too!  They have all asked when we can have this one again!!!

5. Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies  Okay so I will admit...these weren't my favorite.  They were good, they were huge, but I don't know.  I guess for my liking the 2 shouldn't be mixed.  Of course everyone else loved them.  They were a lot of work for cookies.

6. Grilled chicken and roasted red pepper panini  These are for lunch today!  I have the chicken marinating and the sauce all made.  It all smells delicious!!!  Can't wait to get it all assembled!
(I have to edit to add....these were amazing!!!  My hubby has declared that The Pioneer Woman is making me a rockstar!  He said these were Panera good!!!!  YAY!  We'll be making these again!)

This is what I have so far!  Still a ways to go...but hey only 46 more recipes to try!  I still have plenty of time to get that done this year!

No comments: