CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!!


I am not at all a scrooge this year, so I can't explain why I didn't want to do a Christmas letter!  I just didn't. Normally by Thanksgiving I'm already printing out my envelopes, working on my letter and deciding on the perfect picture to print.  Not this year.  Maybe I wanted to save money, maybe there are things I wish I could have included in our Christmas letter that I couldn't or maybe I am a scrooge???  I don't know.  But now I am sitting down and writing a Christmas letter and I don't even have to use any ink to share it! 

This year was ANOTHER year of change for our little family.  We got the opportunity to move home and we jumped on it.  We weren't miserable in Texas, it just wasn't home, and we didn't feel like it would ever become home.  Quite honestly, we are not warm climate people.  We like the winter!  We know we are crazy.  We are settled back in quite nicely now and enjoying being home.

Caleb started Kindergarten this year and is loving it.  It's exciting to have him come home and be reading things to us and showing us all the things he is learning.  He is a little social butterfly too.  For his 6th (!!!!) birthday I brought in cupcakes for his class and as we walked through the hall no less than 10 kids that are not in his class said hi and knew who he was.  It was all kids he'd met on the bus, at lunch & recess.  So it came as no surprise at conferences & on his report card that he's a little too chatty in class.

I am thuroughly enjoying my time with Erika while Caleb is in school.  All too soon she will be in school too, so this time that I have with her is very special!  She is my little girly girl and I love it!  We paint our nails, go shopping and play beauty shop the most!  She's a smart little 3 1/2 year old and loves to learn new things!

David and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in June!  We joined a life group through our church recently, and we finally feel like we are connected.  It's nice to have more friends!  We look forward with anticipation to what this next year holds.  Like most years I'm sure there will be change.  There always is.  And I'm starting to get used to it.

As we strive to teach our kids the true meaning of Christmas, our prayer is that you would know & celebrate the true meaning of Christmas as well.

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Love,
David, Sarah, Caleb & Erika
 

No comments: