Call me crazy, but I decided to make homemade chocolate covered cherry cordials this year! I am always up for trying something new around Christmas time! (well anytime, really!)
The past couple of years I have made homemade candy! I may still make more this year too, haven't decided yet.
Back to the cherries though. They actually weren't all that hard.
A little time consuming? Yes. Difficult? No.
A little time consuming? Yes. Difficult? No.
First I soaked them in Amaretto & Cherry juice overnight. They smelled DELICIOUS!!!!
Next they sat on a cookie sheet for a couple hours draining all the juices out.
Next I covered them in this dough/fondant type stuff.
Then came the fun of dipping them all in chocolate!
The final step is the one I am on. And let me tell you it is the most difficult step yet!!!
Once the chocolate has set, place cherries in an airtight container and don't touch them for at least a WEEK!!! They need time for the center to liquify. It's hard let me tell you.

It would have been much easier (& cheaper) to just go buy 60 chocolate covered cherry cordials....but where is the fun in that????



No comments:
Post a Comment