CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Caleb has a prayer request....

This morning I had a conversation with Caleb regarding Santa and snow. Last Month he was a little concerned that there was no snow and it was getting close to Christmas. Now he is even more concerned. Here is our conversation from this morning:

Caleb: Who decides if there will be snow on Christmas?

Me: God does.

Caleb: Well then lets pray and ask for snow.

Me: Dear Jesus, I pray there would be snow in Texas for Christmas

Caleb: So what's the answer?

Me: We'll have to wait until Christmas to find out

Caleb: Okay.

I thought that satisfied him....and it did....for FIVE minutes!

Caleb: Mom, Santa only likes the snow and cold, that is why he lives at the northpole. If there is no snow and it's not cold he won't come here to deliver my presents

Me: I'm pretty sure Santa will go anywhere to deliver presents

Caleb: Can we just go to Minnesota, it's cold there?

Me: No, darling we can't. Besides you told Santa you live in Texas now, we don't want to confuse him.

Caleb: Well if he doesn't come here, I know there are presents already in your closet.

I couldn't help but laugh! At least all the presents in my closet are wrapped! :) I think I am going to enjoy another year of Caleb believing in Santa while I can. Simply because it is fun and this time of his life will never return.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's no dumby, is he?! LOL Kids are great and say the funniest things! Enjoy the time you have, it goes quick! But, if he's still concerned, he can come spend Christmas with us. ;) Ok, wishful thinking! Love ya- Jo

Shannan said...

haha, that's so cute... good thing he didn't connect it to having a fireplace... you definitely don't have a chimney.

Shannan said...

Sarah, I just noticed an error in my recipe... its 16oz of broth!

A Friendly Reader Only said...

Children make Christmas so fun. My children are grown,and even though we had a great christmas - it just isn't the same as when they were little. Seeing their excitement on christmas morning is very priceless!!!