I don't like to blow things out of proportion. I really don't. So I've hesitated to say anything about this, but I have decided that I should say something. If anything, to keep myself from going crazy over the next week. (plus it's good for me to keep track of this kind of stuff)
Erika has had a small growth (about the size of a dime) under her skin for a few months. It started out looking like a small bug bite, so we didn't think anything of it at first. She didn't complain about it at all, but then in December she was complaining about the bump (as she calls it) and it had changed and grown. At that point we knew it was time for her to be seen.
At the beginning of this month she was seen by our primary physician who though that it could be a type of hemangioma. A small tumor. You say the word tumor and most people freak out. Thankfully, I don't. Jenna has a strawberry (hemangioma) on her forehead which is technically a tumor, so I'm used to hearing that word. Our primary doctor wasn't 100% sure so she referred us to a dermatologist.
Today was the day of the appt (thanks to the person who cancelled their appt!) The dermatologist really wasn't sure what the bump is either, so she did a biopsy of it. She originally thought that it was not a hemangioma, and more of a skin issue. However when she did the biopsy it bled quite a bit, so it's attached to blood vessels. (which means it is likely NOT just a skin issue)
She really has no idea what it is and we don't know what to expect. She did however say "whatever it is, it's not common"....so here we sit. Waiting. For 10 whole days. I know pathology stuff takes time, but man that just seems like an eternity. There is nothing we can do other than wait and trust God.
It could be nothing or it could be something. And if it's something it could be a major something. I know that it would do me no good to freak out and blow this out of proportion. Really. It would only leave me exhausted and over emotional. So we wait and pray.
There is one thing we do know, NO MATTER WHAT God is still God. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. We are resting in this. We know he's got our back.
9 months ago
1 comment:
I'll be joining you in prayer that this issue is a minor one, and that you will be strong and at peace as you wait for the results.
Yes, He is who He says He is, day after day. And no one loves your precious Erika more than He does.
Kate
xo
Post a Comment