A month ago Caleb went to the ENT to have his ears checked. We were told he had some fluid and "abnormal ear pressure" but the doc thought that it could just be caused from allergies. He was on 2 different allergy meds for the past month and today he went back to see if his ears had cleared up. Nope. We definitely think he has allergies and the meds are working because we can totally notice a difference in him. No runny nose and no coughing all.night.long. anymore! But the ears have not changed, so tubes it is for Caleb. I called to schedule his surgery and thank the Lord....he got in the same day as Erika!!!! Yahoo!!! Party at the hospital!
This afternoon I took Erika in to urgent care because she has a couple of bug bites that were swelling up pretty bad (like the size of a hockey puck) and making her just miserable. She had blood drawn for the first time today and she did great!! She was very brave (even after the nurse said "it will just feel like a little bug bite" seriously? what are you thinking, you have the paper in front of you saying what's wrong why in the world would you say that???) Her lab work came back showing that the bites are most definitely infected. She's starting antibiotics today. Had I waited to take her in until tomorrow she likely would have ended up on antibiotics AND steroids. The doc said we caught it in time before the infection got worse. Dang mosquitos!!!! We'll be steering clear of evenings outside for now. We REALLY don't want anything to delay her surgery! (tonsils & adenoids out, tubes in)
I tell you what, this has been the year of doctor and hospital visits. I think back to the 3.5 year period when we had NO health insurance and I am so incredibly thankful that we were healthy during that time! I can't even imagine what we would do right now without health insurance!
11 months ago
2 comments:
That's what I was going to say - good thing it's a year of health insurance!!
What a stupid, stupid nurse!!!! Glad you took her in.
Post a Comment