CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two boys and two girls

The other day I was at the store with the kids and the cashier said to me, "oh wouldn't that be cool if you had another baby and it was a boy. Then you'd have two boys and two girls."

This is not the first time someone has said this to me.

Nor is this the first time I've had a little battle in my head on how to handle it.

On one hand, I likely will never see this girl again. On the other hand, Dylan is my son. I love him so much and he deserves to be acknowledged. Is it wrong to just blow off the cashier? Is it wrong to not mention Dylan?

While I'm having this 10 second battle in my head Caleb says to the cashier "we already have two boys and two girls in our family. One of us just isn't here because our brother died."

One of us. My heart swelled with pride when Caleb said that.

And then only as Erika can do, the awkwardness was lifted when she said "yeah, Dylan's at the military now. I mean the, the, mom, what kind of tary is Dylan at?"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

4*KowBoys said...

Now that's a story to blog about and to remember! How precious!!

laurawegener25 said...

Love that story. That makes me heart happy for my future because I've already thought, what about those types of questions? And it's nice to know that God will provide ways somehow to make them easier, just like he did for you.