CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

No Flash!

Everytime I read any photography tips one of the first ones is always NO FLASH!  For real???
For someone who is using a point & shoot camera and really doesn't know as much as she'd like about photography, I always thought "they" are crazy for saying no flash!  Not to mention I didn't think I had the functions needed on my camera to get a good picture with no flash.

Someday I would like to own a nice camera, but for now I am trying to do my best at getting good pictures from my point & shoot.  Since my camera is obviously digital, one day I decided to use every function & setting on camera to just become familiar with it. 

I now can get a decent picture with my little point & shoot with NO FLASH! 

This makes me happy!

When I someday get my nice expensive camera, I would really like to take a photography class and learn more about what all the settings mean and just learn more about photography in general. 

Here is my latest flash/no flash comparisons that I took:
(for whatever reason Erika decided the Christmas tree needed a hug & kiss.....)
This picture is with the flash.

This picture is without the flash.


I really love how the second one turned out.  The glow of the Christmas lights, her hair & dress are more shadowy (if that's even a word).  It just looks warm & cozy compared to the first one with the flash.
All that to say....I have been converted!  I rarely use my flash anymore!!!!

No comments: