CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

I love it when...

I just absolutely love it when we can make a dream come true for one of our kids! (or for anyone really)
Caleb has been obsessed with trains for quite some time now. One of his favorite movies to watch is the I Love Toy Trains series. If you have a train lover and have never heard of this series you should really check it out. Well there is an I Love Toy Trains STORE in Michigan! A few weeks ago we took a long weekend trip to Michigan to see David's family. We really had no intention of stopping at this store. We had forgotten about it. Then we saw the sign for the store and decided we should stop. Caleb didn't see the sign so he had NO IDEA where we were going! It was actually really fun for us! His eyes were big as saucers when he saw the store. (although you can't tell in the pic because they are closed and I didn't realize it till it was too late!) He couldn't believe we were actually there.
It was a really neat store. Caleb kept pointing out things that they show in the movie. It was fun! He picked out a little train to buy and that is currently his most prized possession. He's been saving his money to buy a Lionel Train for a while, but we didn't get one this time for two reasons. 1. He doesn't quite have enough saved up yet (and I'm hoping we can find one at a garage sale or on craigsl!st for cheaper!) and 2. We just plain don't have room for anymore trains right now! It'll be perfect when we have a house again with a basement!
That day was a dream come true for Caleb! And ultimately it was a dream come true for David & I to be able to take him to this store!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's so awesome!! I agree, making your kids so happy about something is the best thing ever!