CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Fire Ants

We had our first experience with fire ants in Texas today. We were at a friends house for a Valentines Day party this afternoon, the kids were playing in the backyard and the mom's were chatting (also in the yard) when all of a sudden Erika starts screaming and Caleb tells her to "go to mom" She comes over to me and there is ONE ant on her arm. A few hours later....two red welts on her arm. Poor baby!!! I feel so bad for her! I had to explain to them that the ants in Texas aren't as nice as the ants in Minnesota and that we can't play with them. Like many kids, mine are fascinated by ants. On the way home from our friends house Caleb says to me "I'm sad I can't talk to the ants anymore, I wish they were nicer"

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Aww, poor Erika! Caleb is so darn cute!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh no! Glad it was only one though.

4*KowBoys said...

I remember those! Not fun... poor thing.

Shannan said...

oh, I can hear the heartbreak!