Last week I took the kids to downtown Dallas to watch the Neiman Marcus Adolphus Children's Parade. It started at 10, but we got our spots around 7:40! We were told to get there early in order to get good spots! I am so glad we did. You can see in the first picture that there is no one behind us, but by the time the parade started it was packed. This parade is nationally televised so if your family is the parade watching kind, check your local listings to see when it is going to be on. I believe most places it will be on Christmas day. We were a couple of blocks away from the cameras so we didn't get on tv, but we didn't go to get on tv...we went to have a good time and that was what we did! Here are some pictures!





This was Erika's favorite! She loves anything pink and recently received her very first My Little Pony toy, so she was ecstatic!


Larger than life size Cabbage Patch Kid dolls.....SO COOL! We have two CPK fans in this household so we (we as in Erika & Mommy!) liked this one too!


This was hilarious (at least I thought it was...) Elvis impersonators came after a group of horses to clean up the horse poo and put it in their sparkly garbage can.

Last but certainly not least....Jolly Old St. Nick...aka Santa

Overall, it was worth the early and cold morning. The kids had a blast and it was fun to do something different!
3 comments:
How fun! Wish we could have been there with you guys! Allie would agree with the pony and her and I would both agree with the CPK too.;) Glad you had a good time!
I am so jealous! How fun.
wow, I totally missed this post! What fun!! I've never been to a parade that uses the big balloons!
Post a Comment