I know this update is pretty late, but it's comical enough to make it worth it! I had mentioned that we were going to take the kids to a carnival. Well the place that everyone told us to go to didn't exist....or we just got bad directions. After driving around we finally found a place that had fireworks. We sat in traffic FOREVER and ended up just getting re-routed back onto the highway because they had no more parking! It was insane! So as we are getting back onto the highway Caleb is in the backseat bawling his eyes out because he wants to see fireworks so bad! We drive just a little ways and see all kinds of people pulled over and setting up chairs on the side of the highway, in the ditch (which was more like a field)....so we followed suit! We got our chairs out and we were all sitting and ready for the fireworks. Well right at the time they were supposed to start the cops came and told everyone they had to leave. There were at least 50 people there and one cop....the outcome wasn't what the cop wanted. We weren't sure if he was going to sit and wait till everyone left or not so we got the kids back in the car....more tears from Caleb. We didn't leave though, we just waited.....finally the cop just left. Right after he left the fireworks started, so we got the kids out of the car and just sat them on the trunk to watch the fireworks. CRUMMY CRUMMY CRUMMY fireworks!!!! Both David and I said we'd rather have been in Coon Rapids!!! Their fireworks last year were great!!! The one nice thing was after they were done we loaded the kids in the car and got on the highway and didn't have to deal with all the traffic! Here's pics: (there's another story under the pics.....)




So we get home, get the kids in bed and head to bed ourselves. Just like every July 4th, there are people outside letting off fireworks, we expected it. David fell right asleep and was snoring as I layed in bed and couldn't fall asleep. Everytime I started to drift off another firework would go off. Right around midnight I'm hearing a noise and can't figure out what it is and then I realize it's someone pounding on our door. Yep at midnight. So I wake David up, it's our neighbor downstairs....."you might want to move your car, the dumpster is on fire" is what I heard. Like completely engulfed in flames. Someone thought it would be funny to put a firecracker in there. Our car was the closest one to the dumpster, but it was like five parking spaces away. It probably would have been fine, but David moved it just in case. The cops arrived as he was moving the car and put out the fire. I think the cops hung around for a while too because it was pretty quiet after that! So there you have it! Our exciting first holiday in Texas! :)
3 comments:
Holy Cow! LoL Our Kids have the same shirt Caleb had on!
HAHAHA! Too funny!
HAHAHA! Too funny!
Post a Comment